Tuesday, August 23, 2011

More from the MTC

I love this. I feel like I have been in here meses already, pero tengo en aqui un semana casi. This is the Lord's work! It is an amazing feeling!

On the movie Best 2 Years, the guy who's girlfriend sprays the letters, well there is an Elder in our district exactly the same! haha! It is so funny! I just laugh every time I see him! But my district is way cool, we all just click. I feel like I have known all of them my whole life and I am better friends with these guys! I love the Lord's work! It brings me so much happiness. We are in the class like 10-11 hours a day, we have 3 meals and our teachers speak nothing but Spanish so we learn like babies learn English. We mostly teach ourselves all the teachers are here to help us along the way. I have learned so much these last few days. it's crazy! I messed up a few times on my lessons! The second one we gave, I said "God is lunch..." Dios es almuerzo... instead of Dios es amoroso. haha! But my companion asked if our investigator had a mirror instead of a wife. and he also said Jesus is our son :) So I didn't get the worst of it.

I love it here! I am having the time of my life! It is so spiritual here all of the time. Its the best feeling in the world! :) I don't have time for anything!

We started teaching in Spanish the third day we got here. Then we just have been teaching the same guy who doesn't have any questions and doesn't know how to be an investigator.

My district leader Elder Hancock played baseball in denver. He plays third base. Elder Le Suer is the funniest guy I have ever met! He played football and ran track in AZ. He won state in the 400m dash his first year! Elder Evens is from Cali and the elder from the Best 2 Years is Elder Hammond and he is from Idaho. There are 4 hermanas in our district. 2 from Canada, Hermana Young y Kiddle. One from Washington, Hermana Barbosa. And one from Colorado, hermana Hart.

The devotionals are the best! We had one tonight and afterward we talked about our favorite part, Elder Evens from the quorum of the seventy spoke. The part that stuck out to me was when he said God has work for me to do. A scripture immediately came to mind. Alma 29:9, "That perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy." One of my favorite scriptures! The spirit was so strong tonight! I love it!

I love the gospel! I am happier than I have ever been here. sometimes I have problems with Spanish but the spirit helps me out a ton! Words just come to my head! I love that feeling! Days are going by a lot faster now. Its amazing. The feeling here is amazing and I have never felt anything like it. I will send pictures next letter.

Elder Carter

No comments:

Post a Comment