Monday, December 26, 2011

December 20, 2011


This is our phone number, but the thing is, you can only call one night and it would be better Christmas Eve about 7:00pm your time, so like 8:00pm my time. Yes, I am feeling fine now! Sorry that I couldn’t write yesterday because we didn’t have any time.  We went to Xela in the morning really early, because my companion got braces, ha-Ha. I don’t know why he wants them right now in the mission but, whatever.  So I am writing today. Well I am sure that I will enjoy anything that is in the package you sent for Christmas!  And I will work on getting you that bag. They don’t cost a whole lot, just the sending home is a little much, ha, but I will see what I can do. Pretty much everything is hand woven here. I really liked the Christmas blessings from everyone, thank you! I enjoyed reading those ha-ha especially Brynlee's . We are also doing a white elephant for our Christmas party here, but I don’t know what to get, maybe some fireworks or something.  I loved the pictures of everyone, but there weren’t any of you guys, Mom and Dad.  And what’s up with Chris’s beard'?? Yeah our church is always at 9 forever, and It’s like 5 minutes away from the house.  I expect pictures from Jessica’s wedding! A lot of them! What does Jessica cook?? That’s good that Justin won at his wrestling meet! I hope he sticks with that!  And where is josh living?? The members in our ward are great; they brought us dinner the other night, like all they have, black beans and tamolitos.  I felt bad because that’s all they had, but they are giving it to us! We did some service this week. We climbed an avocado tree and cut a ton of them down, and shook the tree to make them fall. Then for the same family, we hauled something called sacate, and it’s for the cows to eat, but that stuff is heavy and we hauled it like 2 or 3 miles up a mountain. Then we hauled leña, firewood, for 2 families, and with that, we go down to the trees that have fallen, chop it all up and then haul it up the mountain. Lots of exercise this week!! We went to Sicelbé this week and there was a family of 20 that we found that want to have a chapel there in the area because its like an hour and a half away from both of the churches. So, we will see what we can do with that! And we were supposed to have interviews with the President Friday, so we got up at 5 to leave for Momos, found out we didn’t have them when we were an hour and a half from our house, so we walked home at 6:30 in the morning. It was freezing! And we came in yesterday at 5:00pm so we could leave for Xela early the next morning, but it was a good week. We are going to have almost no time this week to do anything; we have so many meetings and activities. But I hope all is well at home!! And thank you for all you have done for me! 

Con Mucho Amor 
Elder Carter

No comments:

Post a Comment