Tuesday, February 12, 2013

February 11, 2013





I have been out 18 months. That’s so weird!! Another elder from our group had changes this week and came to our zone, so we bought pizza one night and we bought a cake, the carrot cake I was telling you about.  I will send you the pictures in another message. We shared part of the carrot cake (6 pieces). There were 16 pieces to start... ha-ha, then my companion and I ate 5 pieces each. But it was really good and moist! :)

Yeah it sounds like it has been cold in Utah, but here it’s super hot! It’s been super sunny! But I guess February is crazy. It rained once last week, but they say that anything can happen in February, so we will see how it goes.

Tell dad thanks for doing the foot work for me to go to SLCC when I get home!! It will be nice to stay home for a little while!! Ha-ha, it’s kind of weird to think about!! I don’t want to leave here! At least I still have 6 months! :) Yeah when Chase leaves on his mission, Thomas will be coming home! That’s super crazy! And yes, we baptized the family of 4! I will send you the pictures in the other email. I got to baptize the oldest 2. The older guy, I almost had to push down in the water because he forgot how to do it. Laurel is leaving already!! That’s crazy! I don’t feel like I’ve been here so long, but then again, I feel like I’ve been here forever. This is my life and I love it! It’s going to be weird not to be a zone leader when I leave. But right now we have like 25 baptismal dates in the zone and that has never happened before. We have had at the most like 15 baptisms here. Ha so we are excited!

Dad is always willing to go shovel! Do you go to church at 11 now? Justin is already 18? He looks pretty tall!! I was surprised! Is that girl in the  picture that you sent Josh’s girlfriend?? Yes, I miss homemade food!!

The work here is great! This week we will be working with President Bautista 2 times and with the Stake President 1 time. So we will have our work cut out for us! We are going to put a sister missionary with an investigator named Betty.  She used to talk with the missionaries and took the lessons. But we got a reference from a member and we went there. And on Wednesday we are going to put the sister missionaries with her at the house our mission leader is at, with President Bautista and the Stake President! It will be good! We want to baptize her this month too! We have a new family that was attending in Chiantla (another area here in HueHue) and they moved to our ward and there are 6 in the family. We are going to work on them for March! I hope I don’t get changes here! I want to stay at least another change! But the work is great!
Love you guys!!!
Elder Carter

No comments:

Post a Comment